1. What are the essential characteristics of a good parent?
2. If your doctor told you that you had only a few months left to live, how would you change your way of life?
3. Is there too large of an emphasis placed on grades in our educational system?
4. The automobile is an invention that has done irreparable harm to our environment. How do you think that the social and economic benefits provided by the automobile compare with the damage it has wrought?
5. In general, do movies and television provide a realistic picture of American life?
6. Why do you think that radio continues to be popular in the age of television?
7. If you could choose to live in a different historical time period, in America or another country, which one would you pick and why?
8. The term "human rights" is used frequently in daily conversation, but much less frequently defined. What rights do you think should belong to every human being?
9. If you could change one thing about your childhood, what would it be and why?
10. Television is detrimental to the well-being of today's youth. Every time I see young people passing their time watching television, I feel that they are setting themselves up to have significantly emptier lives. If we unplugged our televisions, our children would grow up to be healthier, happier, more productive human beings.
Do you agree or disagree with the above statement? Write a 250 word essay that presents your opinion (whether it supports or disagrees with the statement) and support it with examples from your own experience, things you have read, or your observations of others.